Friday, July 11, 2008

Another Gross Thing That Is Wrong With Fay

My dog also has bottom rot. The following sentence will be graphic so don't read it if you're squeamish. The area from the base of her tail, around her anus to the front of her vulva is purple-y red and swollen and it smells like sweaty feet.

The vet thinks it's because that area is difficult to keep dry due to Fay's incontinence. Fay's diarrhea is repeatedly contacting the rash making it germy and requiring frequent washing. More wet, more germs. Since she's paralyzed she sometimes ends up sitting in the poop until I discover her there.

This morning I had her in her wheelchair to improve air circulation and facilitate clean "evacuation." My paralyzed dog's back legs were actually kicking in her wheelchair when she pooped. I believe this was because it hurt so much. She's now trying to get comfortable on the cool tiles of the bathroom floor but she can't. I am grateful for once that her nerves don't work very well back there. They seem to work well enough for her to be uncomfortable though. Her ass must be on freaking fire.

I've put in for a prescription for silvadene cream, an anti-bacterial, anti-fungal. The sooner I get that the better. I'm highly tempted to just bring her over there and show the pharmacist her butt. I only hope this hasn't progressed to the point of MRSA.

No comments: