Friday, July 11, 2008

Update On Fay's Butt


Fay and I saw the vet today and we're both feeling much better. Especially me.

The vet gave us antibiotics and the silvadene oinment and she made Fay donuts to sit on (pictured at right) We also hashed out a plan for Fay's recovery from this heinous infection involving the donuts, her wheelchair and occasional confinement so she can't go scraping-up her business.

Fay has also been on Prilosec and a special diet for her diarrhea which is no longer very bloody - PHEW! I'm seeing improvement there. Today I also put extra canned pumpkin in her food which I heard can help to firm things up. So far she hasn't pooped again since about 8 AM so we're seeing improvement on frequency as well.

I know this blog is supposed to be for complaining but my last post was so alarming that I worried one of my friends. I figured I'd better post an update on this situation so no one else is frightened on our behalf. My thanks to those of you who care,
XOXOXOXO
Mel

No comments: